Mate1.com is the trademark of Mate1.com Inc, a Canadian company located in Quebec, Canada. This company operates an online dating site that is among the top 5 mainstream dating sites in the world. The company provides different types of online dating services including black dating, Christian dating, seniors dating and Jewish dating among others.
This company has more than 15 million members with thousands joining daily. It is an ideal site for those looking for friendship, casual dates or long-term relationships. The website has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to navigate. It is also one of the few dating sites with 100% free voice-recording feature. This company offers its members two types of memberships as explained below.
Free/Guest Membership – Such members are able to register on the website but their activities are limited. Free/visiting members are able to:
- Browse local singles
- Receive match notifications
- View matches
- Flirt with all members
Full Membership – Full members are able to find love faster than free members as they can access unlimited, advanced features on the website. Full members are able to:
- Flirt with all members
- Receive Match Notifications
- View their matches
- Browse local singles
- Send and receive unlimited emails
- Enjoy unlimited live online chat
- See who has viewed their profiles
- Listen to and make voice recordings
- View additional photos
- Access activity feeds fully
- See who has hotlisted them
- View private photos
The aim of Mate1.com is to enable people find love easily from the comfort of their homes. The company strives to provide a pleasant and safe meeting environment where important and long lasting relationships can be established and maintained
Mate1.com is a Canadian company located in Montreal, Quebec Canada. It is a family-owned, owner operated business that provides online dating services internationally. The company was founded in 1999 and launched its website in 2003. The founder/president of this company is Elizabeth Wasserman. The company has continued to enjoy tremendous growth since its inception and now boasts over 15 million members with thousands of others joining daily.
The head offices of this company are located in Canada but due to its tremendous expansion it now has offices in the USA and United Kingdom. Below are the locations of these offices:
4200 Saint-Laurent Blvd
Suite 550, Montreal, Quebec H2W 2R2
334 Cornelia St, #354
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
The East Stable, Thrales End Lane
Harpenden, Herts, AL5 3NS
The telephone numbers of this company are toll-free:1-888-688-4760 or (514) 907-0015. The email address is email@example.com.
Customers who have used Mate1.com have mixed feelings about the company. Some customers are happy with the services and many of them say that they found love through this site. However, some customers were dissatisfied with the services. Some of them complained of receiving lots of junk mail while others complained of experiencing difficulties when they tried to cancel their membership. Below is some feedback from online customers.
- Yo, I started using Mate1.com and now I know what motorboating is. MATE1 is awesome. HOT GIRLS are on Mate1.com and that makes it worth paying. Free sites suck, there are no hot girls ever. Mate1 is the best because you can chat with all the hot girls. – Peter Murphy
- About a month after I discovered Mate1, I got an email from an interesting man. We traded messages and phone calls for a while and found that we clicked almost immediately. As a thirty-seven year-old female, I had no intention whatsoever to start dating again after my divorce, but we just had so much in common. The first time we met was during a snowstorm in Bridgeport. He came to visit me by train, and it was love at first sight. We traveled back and forth to see each other for three months after that, until finally deciding we could not be without each other. We're now engaged (getting married next year) and living together with our five children. We are very happy. Aida, Bridgeport Connecticut.
- Mate1 is OK if you're careful. I've been on Mate1 for about four months. In that time, I have met six local ladies who were all flesh-and-blood real people, and all were very nice. On the other hand, I also have gotten a plethora of attempts from at least five different countries. The worst are the ones who look like the proverbial girl next door with a USA location, but when you communicate, they are stuck in Nigeria and need money to get out of the country, or some variation on that theme. Bottom line is I can neither condemn nor praise Mate1. It has worked for me, but caveat emptor applies big time. AZ dude.
- I've found someone who is very similar to me, and who shares many of the same interests. I never believed an online dating site would work, but we really clicked immediately. To get to know each other, she came up from her small town (about an hour away from me) and we spent a weekend together at my place. 12 hours later she was telling her friends (and other suitors) she was no longer single. Thanks a lot for helping me meet such a wonderful person. Thanks, Jared Beverley, Oshawa, Ontario.
- I joined Mate1 at the end of 2005. I started writing to Ian in February 2006. Well, after pages and pages of email, we finally met in May of that year. We had built such a strong friendship through our correspondence that when we met it was an instant success. We knew we were made for each other. It's just over a year since we met and I would like to share my happiness with you by telling you that we are getting married on 18th August this year. We so often talk about how we met and how thankful we are to Mate 1. If we had not clicked that 'send' button we would never have found each other. We were over 250 miles apart. Both of us joined Mate1 rather skeptically and not really believing we would find our ideal partner via a website, but we did and we count ourselves extremely lucky. Thank you once again. Karen & Ian, Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
- Until I found Mate1, I had given up all hope in finding someone who would truly accept me for me. A few months after creating my profile though, a man named Rob sparked my interest. He was funny and we had a million things in common: he lived alone, had no kids, and like me, he was tired of the games people play. As a bonus, he was also very charming, sweet, and knowledgeable. Sometimes it seems almost too good to be true, but I have really found my true soul mate. We talk everyday, we're in love, and I honestly could not see my life being complete without him. Thanks Mate1, Ashley, Kettering, Ohio.
- Hmmm.so so. I got something out of it. I'm skeptical about the online D scene. But then again I don't really care about money much...its just money. So yea. The 3 day trial is worth it. I mean its 3 days, but be sure to cancel before its up, or you will get billed for another month. Of course, if you are browsing any site, it’s your own fault if you get cheated out of some money if you aren't reading the fine print. There are some decent people worth talking to. I've met some cool cats that I'm still penning with and talking to daily and become close friends with.
- Mate1 has lots of singles and matches. The site is easy to navigate, has good content and good customer support. I receive daily new singles that make me come back to the site. However, I also receive a lot of junk mail that is very annoying.
Mate1.com is registered and rated by the Better Business Bureau (BBB). BBB has given this company a rating of C+ on a scale of A+ to F. The factors that lowered this company’s BBB rating are the 35 complaints filed against the business in the last 3 years. The factors that raised the rating of the company include good response and resolution of the complaints filed against it, the length of time the business has been operating and availability of sufficient background information about this business.
In addition, this company has received good business credibility from other quarters. For instances it is ranked by Neilsen Netratings® and Comscore Mediamatrix® among the top 5 mainstream dating sites on the planet.
Mate1.com has also been covered in some major media outlets such as Minyanville Media Inc., a reputable online publishing and multimedia company.
Mate1.com has a very good traffic ranking by alexa as it has been ranked at number 11,075 out of the 30 million global domains. This low rank means that this website gets lots of visitors. This company’s website is ranked at number 2,580 in US from where it gets about 68% of its visitors. It is also quite popular in Canada where it is ranked at number 1,691 in terms of popularity.
The estimated percentage of global internet users visiting this site in a period of 3 months is 0.0173%. About 48% of the visits consist of bounces (only one pageview). On average, visitors to the site view about 1.8 unique pages daily.
According to Compete, this website receives approximately 2,355,935 unique visitors each month. The website’s rank by UVs is 934. Quantcast has ranked this website 3,778 in terms of popularity. According to Quantcast, this website receives about 3,001,193 unique visitors monthly.
According to webstatsdomain, Mate1.com has a good SEO score of 28% and a good Google pagerank of 4 out of 10. The site has about 378 sites linking in and it is estimated to be worth $23,712.
Mate1.com has good social media presence as it has pages in some of the leading social media networking sites. Most of its social media pages are active and interactive. Below is a summary of this company’s social media presence.
Facebook- 4,592 likes and 2,119 talking about this.
Twitter.com – 1,405 Tweets, 840 Followers and 809 Following.
Youtube - 65 Subscribers, 32 videos uploaded and 102,975 video views.
Blogspot – Looks inactive as it was last updated on 9thFebruary, 2010.
Datedaily – Contains dating advice and was last updated on 6th February, 2013.
According to Google, Mate1.com website is safe. A Google safe browsing diagnostic test carried out on the site showed that it is not currently listed as suspicious. Google visited this website on 9th February, 2013 and tested 12 pages. The test revealed that the site had not downloaded or installed any malicious software onto visitors computers' and it has not distributed any malware over the past 90 days.
In addition, this site strives to provide a secure and safe environment for its customers. Below are some of the measures the company has taken to ensure the safety and security of its website.
- Providing safety tips to customers to prevent them from being scammed by any untrustworthy users.
- Use of a secure (https://) connection when taking payment information to prevent credit card fraud.
- Encrypting and protecting personal information using SSL encryption software.
- The site is VeriSign secured.
- The site is also TRUSTe certified.
Becoming a member of Mate1.com is free. However, free/visiting members can only access limited features on the site. If you would like to access advanced and unlimited features on the site, it would be advisable to become a full member. Becoming a full member increases your chances of finding love.
Currently, the company is offering a 3-Day Trial at $1.95. If you have not canceled your membership by the time the trial period ends, you are automatically upgraded to the full membership monthly package. The price of the full membership monthly package is $49,95.
The membership fee charged by this company is higher than what other popular online dating sites charge. Below is a brief comparison of prices.
- Mate1.com – Full membership - $49.95 per month
- Guardian Soulmates – 1 month membership - $24.95
- Dating Direct – 1 month subscription - $22.80
- Match – 1 month membership - $22.80
- Cupid.com – 1 month subscription - $30.00
Mate1.com provides its online dating services worldwide. Since the company offers online dating services, everything is done online and there are therefore no shipping charges. Joining the site is free but to access advanced and unlimited features, you have to upgrade to full membership. The company delivers it services fast and you are thus able to access the full membership features immediately after the successful completion of the checkout process.
The company is currently offering a 3-day trial at a small fee. When the 3-day trial period ends, you are automatically upgraded to the monthly membership and your credit card is charged accordingly. The monthly auto charges continue until you cancel your subscription.
If you do not want to continue using the services of the company after the 3-day trial period, just cancel your membership before the 3 days expire. You can cancel your membership at any time by contacting the customer service department toll free phone number 1-888-688-4760 or by following instructions contained in the account settings section on the website.
Mate1.com accepts a number of payment methods on its secure checkout section. The company accepts payment using major credit and debit cards including:
- JCB International Credit Card
- Diners Club International
- American Express
- Visa Card
The company also allows customers to pay using U.S. checking accounts.
Mate1.com does not have a money-back guarantee. This means that all fees are non-refundable unless the company gives prior notice to the contrary. You are automatically charged the monthly membership fee so long as your full membership remains active.
However, you may cancel your membership for a refund without any obligation or penalty within 3 days after subscribing to the 3-day trial or after reactivation. You can also cancel your membership for a refund within 3 days after your active credit card is billed for your monthly membership or reactivation. To qualify for a refund under the 3-Day Cancellation With Refund Policy, you have to deliver or mail a signed original letter stating your full name, billing address used for the subscription, your Mate1.com nickname and your email address. You should also state your desire to apply for a refund and cancel your membership.
The mail must be delivered/postmarked no more than 72 hours after the initial date of re-billing, reactivation or subscription for which you wish to claim a refund. Note that you are not entitled to a refund under this policy if you continue to use the paid features of this website after the 3-day period following the re-billing, reactivation or subscription.
There is evidence that this company actually honors its return/refund policy. Here is a comment from an an online customer.
- I was once a member of Mate1.com. I signed up for a "Free" trial. After 3 days I forgot to cancel it, they charged me $50. I complained. To their credit, they gave me the money back. So that's good.
Best Available Mate1.com Coupon: